Monday, August 27, 2007

I Got It From My Mama
Will.i.am
Lyrics

Anticipation Usually songs with any Black Eyed Peas members succeed, especially when it's all four together. With the BEP future undisclosed (with Fergie's solo career in progress), can the rest of the group find solo success?

Disclaimer: a lot of P2P searches turn up saying this song features Nicole from the Pussycat Dolls. It doesn't.
Vocals Will.i.am delivers a solid performance. The chick voice tight-ropes on a line of tweeniness and tartiness.
Music The beats are simple, and go on a little too long before a change up.
Verses I'm listening to this song on repeat, and I can't remember what the verse sounds like. Unremarkable apparently.
Chorus This track proves word economy has no impact on catchiness.
Hook Definitely there. A sugary "I got it from my mama" x4 is all it takes to have you coyly looking at yourself in your rear-view mirror reading the line with a different face each time.
Breakdown Made for a club, the "if you're pretty making some noise" will have crowds cheering. YEA-YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lyrics I'm left confused whether this song is praising mamas or hating on their daughters.
Hit Potential It'll get some respect from the masses.
Final Note
LOVE

1 comment:

leslie said...

i couldn't watch/listen for more than 10 seconds. sorry.